Subject: Security strips

Security strips

From: Daria D'Arienzo <ddarienzo>
Date: Thursday, May 14, 1992
Does anyone have information about the NoGo system and strips for the
period 1976 through 1989?  In addition, how about the 3M system that was
marketed in 1989?  I am particularly interested in information about the
adhesive used in the strips -- its chemical make up and any problems
that libraries may be having.  Was there ever any testing done on these
strips and the long term effects on library materials to which they were
attached?  What was the life expectancy of the strips?

We are having problems with strips coming off-- in part or whole and
leaving stains, as one would expect.  Any information would be helpful.
If there is any published literature or studies available I would be
grateful for that information as well.

Thanks.
Daria D'Arienzo
Amherst College