Subject: Testing for UV light filtering

Testing for UV light filtering

From: Jan Paris <jparis>
Date: Wednesday, May 13, 1992
ultraviolet filtering of windows and skylights, I would recommend
contacting Bill Lull at Garrison/Lull, PO Box 337, Princeton Junction,
NJ 08550, 609-259-8050.  The subject is actually more complex than it
seems (e.g., 90% UV at what part of the UV spectrum).  Even if Mr.
Lull's firm does not work on the west coast, he may be able to help
clarify what the important questions are and locate another consultant.
I have recently discussed UV filtering materials with Mr. Lull and he
was very helpful.  In addition, he has some interest in doing some
research in this area and is looking for some kind of mandate from the
field to use in support of possible grant proposals.

Jan Paris, Conservator
Wilson Library
UNC-Chapel Hill

                   Distributed: Sunday, May 17, 1992