Subject: Digital imaging

Digital imaging

From: Bob Kosovsky <kos>
Date: Thursday, April 30, 1992
At my institution there is much talk about digital imaging.  We have a
photograph collection (tens of thousands of items) and we see digital
imaging as not only a convenient form of retrieval but as a means of
protecting our photographs (which date from the last quarter of the 19th
century to current items).

Is there anyone out  there (are you listening, Doug N.?) who is aware of
what is involved in digital imaging, and its possible effects on
photographs?

Thanks very much.
Bob Kosovsky
Graduate Center Ph.D. Program in Music(student)/
City University of New York
New York Public Library -- Music Division

                    Distributed: Sunday, May 3, 1992