Subject: Presentation on dangerous materials

Presentation on dangerous materials

From: Inci Bowman <ibowman>
Date: Tuesday, April 21, 1992
I am responding to Lisa Mibach's inquiry about dangerous materials.
Such a list would, indeed, include radioactive materials that end up in
pharmaceutical collections.  I understand that the New York Academy of
Medicine Library found radioactive materials in their collection about
two years ago.  Last fall, I had our pharmaceutical and artifact
collections checked for radioactive materials by our Environmental
Safety technicians.  Fortunately, we were free of any harmful stuff.

The Medical Museums Association devoted a session to hazardous materials
at their annual meeting in Cleveland last year.  I believe James
Edmonson of the Dittrick Museum of the History of Medicine, Cleveland,
is still their President.I am not a member of this group, but if you
need to contact them, send me an Email message.

                 Distributed: Saturday, April 25, 1992