Subject: Chicago flood

Chicago flood

From: Richard Frieder <frieder>
Date: Friday, April 17, 1992
In answer to Michele Cloonan's question, as far as I know there have
been surprisingly few problems related to library and archives
materials.  Joan ten Hoor at the Newberry is closer to the situation,
and she tells me that a few companies that specialize in disaster
recovery services are in town. But we at Northwestern have not received
any calls, as we usually do whenever there are library/archives
disasters in the Chicago area.  However, the flood is far from over, so
we shall see...

Perhaps Joan or others with fuller information will send something to the
cons dist list.

Richard Frieder
Preservation Department
Northwestern University Library