Subject: Microfilm spots

Microfilm spots

From: Dean Debolt <ddebolt>
Date: Friday, March 20, 1992
I removed a relatively modern reel of microfilm from our storage area
today and it appears to have little white spots on it; at first, I
thought someone had dribbled a drink on it....but these clean off easily
with alcohol hand-wipes (on the NON-emulsion side, of course).  Has
anyone else had this problem?  We have our storage area at 50% relative
humidity + or - 5%, and 68-70 degrees temperature.  Any suggestions?

Dean DeBolt
Special Collections
Univ. of West Fla.

                  Distributed: Sunday, March 22, 1992