Subject: Disaster plans for rare books/photos

Disaster plans for rare books/photos

From: Robert Cox <robt.cox>
Date: Wednesday, March 11, 1992
I'm currently revamping the disaster plans for the Clements Library and
would really welcome any suggestions from folks out there in Dist land.
My particular concern is that we need to focus our plans specifically
and *tightly* toward recovery/salvage/rehabilitation of "rare" 17th-19th
century materials (with very little 20th century contamination).  I'd
particularly like to hear more about recovery, etc. of 19th c.
photographic processes.  I have a fair amount on generalities, but
specific plans or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Rob Cox
Curator, etc.
Clements Library

                 Distributed: Thursday, March 12, 1992