Subject: On-site preservation microfilming

On-site preservation microfilming

From: Lorraine Olley <olley>
Date: Monday, March 2, 1992
Indiana University Libraries is currently developing a grant proposal to
film a portion of the Upton Sinclair papers.  The materials to be filmed
are contained in 6 records storage boxes and 5 (very brittle)
scrapbooks. We need help to identify microfilm service bureaus who would
perform the filming at the Library.  I would appreciate hearing from you
if you know of a filmer who has successfully performed on-site
preservation filming. Also, if you have had special collections
materials filmed off-site, I'd like to hear about your arrangements for
security and safe handling. Thanks!

Lorraine Olley
Indiana University Libraries
812/855-6281