Subject: Joint Technical Symposium Proceedings

Joint Technical Symposium Proceedings

From: Mark Ritchie <avfilm>
Date: Friday, February 21, 1992
I've just spoken with the Canadian hosts of the FIAF/FIAT/ISCA Joint
Technical Symposium that was held in Ottawa in April/May 1990.  He tells
me that the proceedings will finally be published the end of March this
year.  The hold up has been that UNESCO (the sponsor) didn't have the
money.  The editor, George Boston of the BBC, has the publication ready
to send to the printers.  Apparently UNESCO has very serious money
problems because the USA and Great Britain haven't paid their bills yet.

As soon as the release date is known I'll be getting a fax and I'll pass
it on to you.

Apparently this April the Sound Recording Association will be having a
seminar on CD's and preservation at Eastman House in Rochester.  My
source at the Canadian Heritage Information Network didn't have any
other details.

Mark Ritchie

               Distributed: Wednesday, February 26, 1992