Subject: PVA odors

PVA odors

From: Dina Schoonmaker <pschoonmaker>
Date: Wednesday, February 5, 1992
I was interested to read the message about unpleasant odors emanating
from PVA.  We have not had that problem until this year. I wonder if it
was a specific batch from the Chicago purveyor which is bad, or if the
formula for PVA has somehow been changed.

I too would appreciate information about an inexpensive source of
odorless PVA.

    **** Moderator's comments:   in a separate message, Dina mentioned
    that the adhesive in question is Jade.  We just bought some Jade for
    the first time in many years (because of the recent unavailability
    of Elvace) and the smell is indeed vile.)

Dina Schoonmaker, Oberlin college Library.

                 Distributed: Friday, February 7, 1992