Subject: Seeking used audio equipment

Seeking used audio equipment

From: Richard Strassberg <richard_strassberg>
Date: Thursday, January 30, 1992
I am attempting to locate a reel-to-reel tape recorder that plays 1 7/8
ips in addition to the more popular speeds of 3  3/4 and 7 1/2.
Wollensak ( who I believe are no longer in business) made such a machine
and the slower speed was standard for audio recording in the days before
hi-fi and stereo.  I have a number of oral history recordings at this
speed that I am anxious to dub to a more appropriate ( and useable)
archival medium.  Offers of working r-to-r machines for sale will be
appreciated.  Please respond to RS6X [at] CornellC__Bitnet directly with your
offer since it will probably be of little value to our colleagues on the
E-Mail network.  If anyone knows of a large commercial supplier of used
audio equipment, you might want to post the information about that
vendor to the network since this information may be of value to
individuals other than myself. I have already tried several.  Most
helpful was Allied Used Equipment Department at 317-962-1471. Thanks for
the help.

                Distributed: Saturday, February 1, 1992