Subject: PVA health hazards

PVA health hazards

From: Rebecca Stuhr-Rommereim <stuhrror>
Date: Wednesday, January 15, 1992
A member of the staff who works near our processing area has complained
that fumes from the PVA are causing her to have headaches.  We have a
small processing area which is a corner of the entire technical services
floor. The PVA is probably the strongest chemical solution that we are
using in our processing area and we have no special ventilation systems
in that area.  I'd like to know how others might handle this situation.
Should we consider using non-PVA adhesives?  Investigate the possibility
of better ventilation?

Thank you for your responses,

Rebecca Stuhr-Rommereim
Grinnell College Libraries