Subject: Popcorn

Popcorn

From: James Cartwright <jimc>
Date: Friday, January 17, 1992
It seems to me we may have to accept one or another of the
"unacceptable." Anything which biodegrades can be eaten by something and
thus will attract that form of life.  I am aware of some microbes which
consume oils and therefore may not pose a threat to our collected
materials, but I doubt we would wish to pack our purchases in oil.  Most
if not all biodegradable substances can be digested by a rather large
spectrum of life forms.  As a result, if we wish to spare the
environment, we will likely have to pack our shipments in something that
could be eaten by something else.

James F. Cartwright
University Archives
University of Hawaii