Subject: Administrivia

Administrivia

From: Walter Henry <whenry>
Date: Saturday, January 11, 1992
As the ConsDir has grown rather dramatically (it is over 200K), I have
been giving some thought to making three changes to reduce the size, but
I want to make sure that these changes won't inconvenience people or
make the directory less useful.  If you DON'T want to see the the
following changes, please let me know asap.  If there isn't a hue and
cry the changes will go into effect in a few weeks (at which time you
might want to request a shiny new copy of the ConsDir, suitable for
framing.

    Change 1: Eliminating empty fields.   For example, if the
    participant hasn't listed a phone number, that line will be
    eliminated.  The only negative effect I can see would be for the few
    of you who have been loading the weekly updates into a local
    database, and then only if they are using an automated process to
    handle the import.  I will be happy to work with people on importing
    the updates.

    Change 2: Eliminating the questions about computer systems and
    upload/download capabilities.  (People with "problem" installations
    will still have a chance to let us know in the Remarks field.  I
    suspect that I may be the only one in the group that actually uses
    this info.

    Change 3: The Confidentiality field will be eliminated except when
    the answer is something besides "I handle my own mail and it is
    confidential" (this is really just a special case of change 1.

                Distributed: Saturday, January 11, 1992