Subject: Library instruction and preservation education

Library instruction and preservation education

From: Marlena M. Wald <mmwald>
Date: Friday, January 10, 1992
We would be pleased if you could add this note to your next issue
on behalf of the Library Instruction Round Table of ALA.  Thanks.

    I would like to update and correct some information sent to you in
    the early December. My name is Jeanne Drewes,and I am Director of
    Instruction and Access Services at Mary Washington College.  During
    the last two years, I have served on the ALA President's Committee
    on Preservation Policy, not the National Commission.  While living
    in Texas, and now in Virginia, I have been involved at the state
    level in a variety of preservation activities, as well as being an
    active member of L.I.R.T.(the Library Instruction Round Table of
    ALA).

    My goal is to integrate preservation concerns with library
    instruction. To that end, I have helped organize the L.I.R.T.
    Midwinter Forum entitled "Library Instruction and Preservation
    Education : Converging Concepts". The forum will be held on Sunday,
    January 26, 1992, from 9:30-11:00 a.m., in the Centro-C room of the
    San Antonio Convention Center.  I look forward to meeting you
    there.  If you have any questions or comments before Midwinter,
    please contact me at 703/899-4586 (voice), 703/899-4499 (fax), or at
    my newly installed Internet address jdrewes [at] s850__mwc__edu

Marlena M. Wald
University of Georgia Libraries

                Distributed: Saturday, January 11, 1992