Subject: CD-rom longevity

CD-rom longevity

From: Walter Henry <whenry>
Date: Saturday, October 28, 1989
The following discussion took place on PACS-L.

    From: "Philip H. Arny" <lrc1%umnhsnve.bitnet>
    Date: 25 Oct 89

    Also a question for archival status of indexes: does anyone have any
    idea of what the expected life of the CD-ROM media (the disc itself)
    is?  I've heard rumors that some of the early audio CD-ROMS are
    already dying...

    Philip Arny, University of Minnesota Bio-Medical Library, Minneapolis