Subject: Hygrothermographs

Hygrothermographs

From: Hilary A. Kaplan <libhk>
Date: Thursday, April 13, 1989
I'd be interested in someone's wholehearted recommendation of a
hygrothermograph.  We are possibly looking to purchase several
instruments and would like a brand that is serviced with relative ease.
Several Abbeon instruments were purchased three or four years ago.  We
are now having problems with them; two of them can no longer be set to
the desired calibration, and one has a dirty hair.  I'm told my the
distributor (Abbeon) that they must be sent back to California.  I would
ideally like something that could be readily serviced by a local arm of
a major company (like Fisher, for example).  I welcome any thoughts on
the matter.... By the way, our purchasing agent tells me that Cole
Parmer is also a distributor rather than a manufacturer, so that
instruments purchased from them are hard to service. (just in case you
were interested)

                  Distributed: Sunday, April 16, 1989