Subject: Research topics

Research topics

From: Ellen McCrady <whenry>
Date: Monday, March 27, 1989
My suggestion to Sally concerning suggestins for research topics
for the FPL is, in the long term, to look to the
soon-to-be-formed TAPPI Paper Permanence Subcommittee.  There
will be a lot of big guns on it, who are into permanence and
papermaking, and one of the purposes of the group (I believe)
will be to set research priorities.  I am getting the people
together, and will go to the first informal meeting April 9.  It
won't be in operation, probably, till the fall, but I expect
great things.  Read all about it in the Alkaline Paper Advocate,
which should be out by mid-to-late April.

                  Distributed: Saturday, April 1, 1989