Subject: How to exchange email with Ellen McCrady

How to exchange email with Ellen McCrady

From: Walter Henry <whenry>
Date: Saturday, March 25, 1989
I will be shuttling mail from / to Ellen McCrady.  For the time
being we will be going through a bulletin board system (bbs) in
Salt Lake City: she will log in there a few times a week to pick
up mail (that I will leave for her there)  and to leave mail for
the rest of you (that I will pick up and forward to you).

In order to send mail to Ellen you should make the first line be:

FORWARD: Ellen McCrady

(there should be nothing else on the line), and mail it to me at
whenry [at] lindy__stanford__edu.  For Ellen to send mail, she will make
the first line be (for example)

FORWARD: Robert Espinosa

Please recognize that there will be several days delay in passing
your messages (because the bbs is rather busy, neither of us can
be guaranteed of getting through).  At least for the time being,
I'm going to have to ask that forwarding be limited to concise
messages that you consider reasonably important (ie no
HiHowAreYou's).  I hope this will change eventually.

                 Distributed: Saturday, March 25, 1989