Subject: Conservator-Curator relations

Conservator-Curator relations

From: Roberta Chalfant <chalfant>
Date: Wednesday, March 15, 1989
I am in the midst of trying to write an article for Rare Books
and Manuscripts Librarianship on Conservator/Curator relations. I
am opening it up for suggestions.  What do you all think are some
of the most important aspects of this relationship.  How do you
deal with curators?  What do you need to know to make treatment
proposals that are reasonable, good for the item and make sense
to the curator? Here's your chance folks to tell curators what we
need to know to do our job well.  Also does anyone know what the
status is on the revision of the Code of Ethics?
Thanks.
Bobbie Chalfant

                  Distributed: Sunday, March 19, 1989