Subject: Image enhancement for papyri

Image enhancement for papyri

From: Debra McKern <libdmk<-a>
Date: Tuesday, December 6, 1988
[Eleanore asked] about alternative vendors for archival photocopying
since LBS dropped the service... I'm not too sure about these people,
I've never seen their work, but I think they do offer preservation
photocopy:

    Binding Unlimited
    2730 Alpha Street
    Lansing, MI  48910
    (800) 782-4502

I believe ICI uses them now in lieu of LBS.

And today I was talking to Bob Strauss about photocopying in general and
he mentioned that the Univ. of Minnesota will take on preservation
photocopying for any nonprofit organizations.  The contact person is
Mark Flechsig (pronounced Flek-sig) at (612) 626-1516.

I heard just today that MAPS is also considering adding a photocopy
replacement service. I haven't talked to them directly though.

                 Distributed: Sunday, December 11, 1988