Subject: Conservation bulletin board

Conservation bulletin board

From: Walter Henry <whenry<-a>
Date: Friday, December 2, 1988
There is a new Bulletin Board called The Paper Chase, run by Ralph
Roessler (see message below) of P.T.I. and devoted to things
conservational. It is brand new and there has not been much traffic yet;
you are among the first to hear of it.  Set your communications
parameters to 8-N-1 and call (714) 2096-768 (Mission Viejo, CA).

As a first stab at widening the spread of things, I have begun to upload
the DistList and some of the associated files to Ralph's BBS, and will
try to gateway messages between the net and Paper Chase. If you want to
send messages to Ralph or anyone on his board, send them to me with a
note to forward.  I will probably log in there about twice a week.
Obviously, I will be able to read your messages (until I can figure a
way to encode them without encoding the addresses), so don't write
anything you don't want me to read (think of this as the electronic
equivalent of a postcard).

By way of introduction, Ralph is a general sort of technical wizard
whose current interests include applications of remote sensing
technology to art conservation.  He is currently working, with Victoria
Blyth-Hill on perfecting the electrostatic plate for pastells.

                 Distributed: Sunday, December 11, 1988