Subject: Display cases

Display cases

From: Walter Henry <xb.k98<-a>
Date: Friday, September 16, 1988
  From: Eleanore Stewart (ok, it's really from walter, but es asked me
  to post it)

At the request of one of our branch librarians, who is anxious to
purchase a display case, we have been considering a commercially
available case that includes a backing board covered with Velcro. The
case is intended to be used for non-rare items, but of course in
practice it's difficult to enforce this limitation so we are anxious not
to introduce something that may cause problems in the future.  Before we
waste a lot of time looking into this, has anyone had any experience
with this sort of thing, and if so, have you done any investigation that
indicates safety or lack thereof?

                Distributed: Sunday, September 18, 1988