Subject: Vellum sources

Vellum sources

From: Walter Henry <xb.k98<-a>
Date: Monday, June 13, 1988
    TO The Bookly Subset of the Net (and amy)

I am going nuts.  That's all there is to it.  And part of whats  driving
me nuts, is the crummy vellum that Ive got wasting space in my storage
cabinets, or whats left of the vellum, since its so godawful that every
time I use any I wind up scrapping half the skin.

Does anyone have a decent source for vellum, stuff  suitable for limp
bindings, that is reasonable to deal with via mailorder.  Price is
definitely not the main issue.  I am after skins that are 1) opaque,
without huge areas of transparentized garbage 2) thick and strong enough
not to embarass me 3) reasonably foldable (Im not exactly a wimp, but
half the skins Ive got cant be folded without paring, I swear)

and oh yeah, 4) Id really prefer it if they were fully de-haired  and at
least moderately attractive.

foreign sources will be ok but not as useful as domestic sources,
because of the difficulties of conveying my desires and disillusionments
in languages I dont speak (which is all of them)

thanks in advance, all,

                   Distributed: Tuesday, May 17, 1988