From: Bradley Reeves [mailto:stymiedc@yahoo.com]
Sent: 10 November 2003 01:33
To: Media Matters; Amia
Subject: [AV Media Matters] Problems with half inch video reformatting

Hello,

We have been transferring / reformatting several
collections of 1970s era half inch reel to reel
videotape. Besides the sticky shed problem, I have
encountered two tapes that have vertical lines
appearing across the visual image through the entire
reel. All of the other tapes in the collection do not
have this issue. The tapes have been baked and
excercised several times, and the player heads have
been thoroughly cleaned. I feel that the problem is
related to some sort of signal interference during the
actual videotaping, therefore there is nothing that
can be done about it.

BUT, I wanted to make sure. Anyone encountered this
problem before?

Thanks you,

Brad
=====
Bradley Reeves
Media Archivist
Archives of Appalachia
East Tennessee State University
423-439-4338
stymiedc@yahoo.com

**

Experience the British Library online at www.bl.uk

Adopt a Book this season ! Help the British Library conserve the world's
knowledge.  www.bl.uk/adoptabook

*

legally
privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the
intended recipient, please delete this e-mail and notify the
postmaster@bl.uk : The contents of this e-mail must not be disclosed or
copied without the sender's consent.

author and do not necessarily reflect those of the British Library. The
British Library does not take any responsibility for the views of the
author.