[AV Media Matters] Problems with half inch video reformatting

 Hello,

We have been transferring / reformatting several
collections of 1970s era half inch reel to reel
videotape. Besides the sticky shed problem, I have
encountered two tapes that have vertical lines
appearing across the visual image through the entire
reel. All of the other tapes in the collection do not
have this issue. The tapes have been baked and
excercised several times, and the player heads have
been thoroughly cleaned. I feel that the problem is
related to some sort of signal interference during the
actual videotaping, therefore there is nothing that
can be done about it.

BUT, I wanted to make sure. Anyone encountered this
problem before?

Thanks you,

Brad

=====