[AV Media Matters] Field Recording Techniques--Instructional Materials

I've been "Googling" around on this topic and have found some decent
materials, but thought some of the people on the ListServ might have
more suggestions.

I will be teaching workshops on Audio and Video Techniques in remote and
field recording situations to ethnomusicology and folklore graduate
students who collect musical performances, oral histories and interviews
for their research and future use as teaching materials (that is,
highest possible quality that's reasonable, but not necessarily with
broadcast or distribution quality equipment available).

Any suggestions for web sites where information on this stuff is already
written up?  I'm especially interested in diagrams and text on mike
placement to manage signal to noise ratios.  Used to teach these
workshops based on my field recording and videoing experience in
Liberia, but demo materials were hand drawn overheads from the
pre-computer era.

Verlon Stone, Ph.D.
Project Coordinator, Liberian Collections Project
  Archives of Traditional Music
Research Associate
  Folklore & Ethnomusicology Department
   Office:    +812-856-0782