RE: [AV Media Matters] High Speed CD-R

The article has very practical engineering advice concerning the pitfalls and dangers of what may happen when burning cd's at higher speeds.  But do you have any data that shows a consistent degradation in
the recorded disc when recorded at high speed compared to the same data
a media recorded at lower speeds?
Another question.  It has been proposed to me by my supplier of blank media that the new formulations of discs designed to used at up to 48X may not be suitable for use at slower speeds such as 2X or 4X, the speeds I currently use to make my CD-R master discs.  Have you seen any
evidence of this?

Charles Repka