[AV Media Matters] Off-gassing from DVD boxes?

Colleagues,

I seem to remember that somebody here raised the spectre of
off-gassing from Amaray DVD boxes, in relation to their possible use
to store CD-Rs.

A friend of mine who is involved in the preservation of a very large
library is rather desperately interested in this!

I would be very grateful to hear of:

1) any experience which would suggest that this may be a problem,
2) any data which might relate to this,
3) any work which might suggest the reverse, - that the materiels used are safe for long term storage.

Many thanks,

Trevor Webster
London

because that specific design gives least contact between greasy paws
and the writing surface when removing from the box. >>

I have heard queries about the possibility of off-gassing from these
DVD

boxes over a period of time in storage, and of course, they are
pretty well gas-tight.  Have you been able to find anything out
about this?