Re: [AV Media Matters] Detailed look at history of sticky tapesyndrome

Stuart

I am in Boston and will answer your request later this week.  I will
point out that I was on the NASA team that solved the Galileo tape
problem. It was NOT sticky-shed.  It was a case of smooth (aka worn)
sections of tape stopping on an ultra-smooth sapphire cylinder.  The
air wrings out and the two surfaces cling to each other.  These are
called Vanderwal (sp?) forces.

Jim Wheeler