[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [AV Media Matters] Answers to Some Technical Questions
- To: AV Media Matters <AV-Media-Matters@topica.com>
- Subject: Re: [AV Media Matters] Answers to Some Technical Questions
- From: Jim Wheeler <Jimwheeler@aol.com>
- Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 12:09:41 -0700
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
Mr Lindner just posted a great summary of digital signal processing. I
suggest that everyone make a copy of it and keep it for future reference.
This is a very complex subject and Jim has done a great job of compacting it
into an understandable form.
I would like to emphasize the point that once the video is compressed, it
will be more difficult to work with in the future. Unfortunately, there are
no reasonably priced uncompressed video formats on the market. Both D5 and
D6 are great uncompressed formats and, I believe, will be around for several
years. The problem is that the machines cost around $60,000 US.
Ian Gilmour will be chairing a session on this topic at the Portland