Re: [AV Media Matters]

Ted,

DVD-R general media is not an inferior consumer media.  With DVD-R Media, as
with CD-R media, there is not rely a consumer or professional media but
higher or lesser quality media.  DVD-R general media is not
a consumer quality media it is media deigned to work with a 650nm laser.
If you stick to quality DVD-R manufactures such as Pioneer, Verbatim, Mitsui

or Taiyo Yuden you should not have to worry about media integrity.
The price difference between the DVD-R Authoring and General media has more
to do with marketing and demand than with manufacturing or quality.
Copy protection for DVD-Video is added during the authoring and replicating
process.  Typically CSS copy write protection is added during the authoring
process and the actual licensed codes are added during replication.

Jim Speich
Microboards