[AV Media Matters] AMIA Scholarships

>This announcement is being cross-posted on Media Matters by the AMIA
>Office on behalf of the 2001 AMIA Education Committee. We apologize for
>any duplication.
>

>REMINDER........
>
>2001 KODAK FELLOWSHIP IN FILM PRESERVATION
>2001 AMIA SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
>
>POSTMARKED DEADLINE MONDAY MAY 1, 2001
>
>This is a reminder regarding the 2001 KODAK FELLOWSHIP IN FILM
>PRESERVATION
>and the 2001 AMIA SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM. Postmarked deadline for
>applications
>is Monday May 1, 2001. For details on these programs, please see below
>and/or contact the AMIA Office: 8949 Wilshire Blvd., Beverly Hills, CA
>90211; Phone: 310-550-1300; Fax: 310-550-1363; Email: <amia@amianet.org>
>

>KODAK FELLOWSHIP IN FILM PRESERVATION
>The Association of Moving Image Archivists (AMIA) is accepting
>applications
>for the 2001 Kodak Fellowship in Film Preservation - a unique program to
>help foster the education and training of the next generation of moving
>image archivists.The student selected as the Kodak Fellow will receive:
>$4000 scholarship for the 2001-2002 academic year; complementary
>registration to the 2001 AMIA Conference in Portland in November, and a
>six-week paid internship at Kodak in Los Angeles during the summer of
>2002.
>
>Students accepted into or enrolled in a graduate-level or other advanced
>program in moving image studies or production, library or information
>studies, archival administration, museum studies, or a related
>discipline
>may apply. Students from any country are eligible.
>
>Specific eligibility requirements and selection criteria are listed
>below.
>Application forms may be obtained by contacting the AMIA office at 8949
>Wilshire Boulevard, Beverly Hills, CA 90211; (fax) 310-550-1363; (email)
>amia@amianet.org. The application postmark deadline is May 1, 2001.
>

>GUIDELINES AND INSTRUCTIONS
>AMIA is now accepting applications for 2001-02. The student selected as
>the
>Kodak Fellow will receive:
>
>- A $4,000 scholarship for the 2001-02 academic year.  Funds will be
>sent
>to the student's educational institution and credited towards tuition
>and/or registration fees.
>
>- Complementary registration to the AMIA Conference in Portland, Oregon
>November 6-10, 2001.
>
>- A six-week internship at Kodak and other film restoration facilities
>in
>Los Angeles during the summer of 2002.  Transportation and housing will
>be
>provided at no cost, and the student will be paid an hourly wage to
>offset
>other living expenses.
>
>In addition, Kodak will work with the Kodak Fellow during the year to
> [...]

James Lindner

General Manager VidiPax Division
VidiPax - The Magnetic Media Restoration Company

Executive Vice-President
Loudeye Technologies
NASDAQ Symbol:LOUD

VidiPax
450 West 31 Street
New York, N.Y.  10001
212-563-1999 ext. 102
www.vidipax.com

Moderator: AV Media Matters Listserve
To subscribe to AV Media Matters Listserve send an email to:
AV-Media-Matters-subscribe@topica.com