[AV Media Matters] DVCAM or Beta SP

Dear Moderator

I am looking for advice on an interim archival format for video footage
which has been shot using MiniDV.  We have the option to make safety copies
from DVCAM deck to Beta SP deck (which will surely bust our meagre budget),
OR purchasing two much cheaper DVCAM decks for dubbing masters.  Please can
anyone advice whether DVCAM is considered appropriate for archiving or
should we wait until we can afford a Beta SP machine.

Valmont Layne
Sound Archivist,
District Six Museum
Cape Town