Re: [AV Media Matters] acetate tape binder

Lars

The AES website has some good history documents  <www.aes.org>.  There is a
paper by Del Eilers that has some general comments about binders.  It is
titled "Introduction to 3M Audio Open Reel Tape List".  You can contact Del
at:  daeilers@mmm.com

At Ampex, I found it very frustrating that the production people would
change
formulations without telling anyone in Redwood City.  Their attitude was
that
we could call them and ask about any particular batch number.  So, the tape
and the packaging may look the same but the chemistry may be different.

I will try to contact a couple of retired Ampex tape chemists and will send
you anything I come up with.

Jim Wheeler