RE: [AV Media Matters] cassette tape shelf life?

>However, ac motors and lighting ballasts at very close range can generate
>problematic fields<

This has been a concern of mine- vacuum cleaners in vaults. So far we sweep
ours, and I've planned a canister-type with the hose inside and the
canister exterior to the vault. Anyone thinking about this AC motor issue?

Bob CJ
AMIPA

Moderators Comment:
Vacuuming has been discussed here - I believe the consensus is an HEPA
vacuum system, or even better a central system. As far as the motor - as
long as you don't keep the tape on top of the motor I would not be
concerned. I am far more concerned about the dirt being dispersed from a
"normal" vacuum that will nicely put all the dirt back in the air in the
room.
jim