RE: [AV Media Matters] [other archiving, media listservs]

The main listserv for archiving in general is the Archives &
Archivists list, affiliated with the Society of American Archivists

The main listserv for moving image archiving and preservation is
AMIA-L, the listserv of the Association of Moving Image Archivists.

AMIA also has two sub-groups who have started their own lists: the
Regional Audio-Visual Archives list, and the Small Gauge Film list.

There is also, Archive-L, a list affiliated with the Society for
Cinema Studies. It has had little traffic as of late and approaches
archival issues from scholarly and research perspectives.

The International Federation of Film Archives (FIAF) has a list, but
it has had almost no traffic during the last year.

There are also other lists for related communities, e.g., video
librarians (Videolib) and conservationists (ConservationDistList).

In addition, there are any number of free subscription email
newsletters (e.g., Digital Media Newsletter) that provide updates on
digital media products and other new technologies related to media
archiving.

Hope this helps,

Gregory Lukow                                  v: 310-206-4966
UCLA Film and Television Archive               e: GLukow@ucla.edu