[AV Media Matters] CD blanks

I'm about to place an order for CD blanks.

As I now understand it, the thicker and more acid-proof the protective layer
atop the reflecting surface, the better.

I recently obtained a CD inkjet printer and will be buying white surface
discs unless someone has experience which suggests I shouldn't.

I note they are offered with either blue and gold reflecting surfaces and at
the same price.  I assume gold is preferred since it cannot oxidize,
offering additional protection, and this is the choice I plan to make.

I'm submitting my reasoning for comment by this list's membership.   Any
communication on my probable decisions would be welcomed.

Steven Smolian