Re: [AV Media Matters] Re-Evaluating Tape Mastering Stock

Does this apply to cassette stock?

While I don't have a large collection of cassettes, the Maxell XL
and XL II tapes I've had since the mid '70's still play well. I do
have some original recordings on these that I haven't yet had
time/budget to transfer.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Richard

At 12:25 PM 06/08/2000 -0700, you wrote:
>Umashankar
>
>The "Chrome" audio tapes did have higher output but they were not
>durable.
>Anyone with Chromium Dioxide (CrO2) tapes should copy them
>ASAP--if the oxide
>is still there.
>
>Jim Wheeler

Richard L. Hess                              richard@richardhess.com
Glendale, CA USA                           http://www.richardhess.com/
Web page: folk and church music, photography,
                  broadcast engineering, home wiring, and more