Re: [AV Media Matters] Tape baking

Steve,

In my limited experience using far-less-well-instrumented solutions (but
with great audio results) I like the idea of getting the fumes away from
the place. I run the kitchen exhaust fan to keep the stuff out of
the rest
of my house! I don't know what would build up in the sealed environmental
chamber, but in my first thought of this, is that some of the (mostly
water) vapor that you're driving away should be driven far away, not kept
captive in the same space.

My $0.02 from my pragmatic perspective--not a scientifically researched
position.

Richard
Vignettes Media
Glendale, CA

At 10:01 PM 05/17/2000 -0700, you wrote:
>Environmental chambers are airtight.  Many convection ovens are
not.  What
>difference does this make in temperature and baking time?
>
>Steve Smolian

Richard L. Hess                              richard@richardhess.com
Glendale, CA USA                           http://www.richardhess.com/
Web page: folk and church music, photography,
                  broadcast engineering, home wiring, and more