RE: [AV Media Matters] Microcassette

>Olympus' invention of the Microcassette

"Invention" sounds a bit steep to me, when it's not much different from a
mini-cassette, which in turn derives from the Philips compact cassette
[which in turn was not much different from the old quarter-inch Garrard
cassette!].

In fact the sole difference I can see between the mini-cassette and the
micro-cassette is the size and the fact that most (all) micro-cassettes are
edge-wheel driven.

Or am I being unfair?

Andy Emmerson.