Re: [AV Media Matters] Transcript Discs

on 3/29/00 4:12 PM, Matthew_Davies@screensound.gov.au wrote:
> Hi Bob
>
> Transcription discs may be solid (vinyl or shellac pressings), laminated
> (shellac pressings with a cardboard core) or coated (stiff base often
> aluminium or glass and lacque coating). Different procedures for each,
> particularly the difference between laminated and coated is crucial, and
> I'm not sure from your post which you might have. /MD

My thanks to Mathew Davies and Graham Newton for pointing out the error of
my terminology. I suspect that this collection consists of "coated" discs. I
was thinking of the aluminum and acetate as being layers, and thus
erroneously described them as laminated in my earlier post.

- Bob

--
Bob Savage
Media Preservation Unit