[AV Media Matters] Go to NAB 2000 Exhibits for FREE!!

Bet you thought it was spam huh! Bet your spam filter colored this blue
or something (hopefully it did not just throw it out). Well surprise,
surprise, surprise... because it really isn't spam and it really is
worth $150 of your hard earned money (or your bosses less then hard
earned budget)!

No, it isn't spam but our annual honest to goodness offer to attend the
AMAZING, NAB 2000 Exhibits in  Las Vegas from April 10 - 13 courtesy of
VidiPax. Now Las Vegas can be a real cheap trip IF you do not gamble....
 Where else can you get a shrimp cocktail for $.99? Inexpensive rooms
can be found (you gotta look) and air transport is usually a bargain -
after all they are looking for all of the people who DO gamble!

And what is there to see? Well just about EVERYthing is at NAB - but
there is certain to be lots of people - as in over 100,000 people
interested in audio, video, television, film, web, and just about every
other kind of media technology you can think of or someone else has
thought of - and it is THE place to learn about how it all works, what
is new, and to see all the new Digital Television standards with your
own peepers - and no matter what the advertisements say - you gotta see
it yourself to decide. And while there isn't a universal format yet,
this is the closest thing to a universal media show on the planet. It is
the big one - the one you need REALLY comfortable shoes for, and the one
that even hardened regulars (like yours truly) come away in total
confusion because there is just so MUCH to see.

And what will be at the VidiPax booth? Funny you should ask.....  Well
this year it is our new and improved FREE format chart - except that now
it is no longer a chart - because it got to be too darn big to be a
chart - so now it is one of those really neat slide rules with windows
cut into it to show all of the characteristics of all of the formats -
and when we say ALL of the formats - we kid you not - all of the NTSC
flavors that ever got marketed are there including lots of NEW formats
(all those announced as of now) and some corrections on the old ones.
And of course there will be the complimentary chocolate to keep you
going to the next booth - and this year we have a NEW booth - - - - we
haven't seen it yet so we will all be surprised to see how it looks -
and of course some old equipment - the kind that you will not see
anywhere else at NAB (or elsewhere)... and of course there is me, and
Jim Wheeler, and Eleanor Wheeler, and other VidiPax folk, and we always
have interesting people stopping by - heck - it is a party - um I mean a
tradition!

So why go to NAB - well because it is FUN - that is why - but don't tell
your boss - for your boss you are going to "enrich your technical
perspective on the ongoing synergy and synthesis of networked internet
topology and broadband solutions with terrestrial digital
broadcasting"...

Now some of you just did not read the stuff above and just scrolled down
for the short version - so here it is.

VidiPax is in booth I6818 in the Sands center (where all the cool stuff
is anyhow) now please note that that is an "I" and not a 1 at the
beginning - because there are a trillion booths and it will be hard
enough to find us even knowing what the real booth number is.

And to get the FREE registration (as in saving $150US - no kidding -
this is not a cheap thing) go directly to
http://ww2.expocard.com/shows/nab001/showonly/
and in the box entitled "Complimentary Exhibits Only
Enter Code Here" you need to enter our secret code.... shhhh don't tell
anyone - but the secret code is....

JL84

well - OK you can tell other people, but only if they are NICE people!

So there it is - your free entry to NAB Exhibits - and now there is NO
excuse not to go!

Jim Lindner - President
VidiPax - The Magnetic Media and Information Migration Full Services
Company
Telephone 212-563-1999
www.vidipax.com
Moderator of A/V Media Matters@topica.com