[AV Media Matters] Preservation query

Hi all -

    I was asked by an acquaintance to look into his idea on a way to
preserve oral history interviews taped on VHS. With the advance of
being able to freeze photographic images for long-term preservation,
his question is:

    Is there a way to copy/transfer the VHS tape (image and audio)
to film so the film can be frozen?

    I haven't had the time to do any research, and have always
managed to let the query fall off my back burner, so.... Any input
that anyone has is gratefully appreciated.

Sara L. Van Beck
Staff Curator
Southeast Regional Office
National Park Service
100 Alabama St., SW
Atlanta, GA 30303

Like to laugh?      Course you do!     Keep smiling at RRFF!
   Mail rrff-subscribe@topica.com for one laugh a day.
              (Go on........ Treat yourself)