Re: [AV Media Matters] Newbie to list question - tape baking, is it wrong?

Ampex has a free baking service that I have used once or twice with very
good results.

Also, I would recommend finding a 2" 16 track for the transfer and not
using a 24 track.  Last year I had a project I started on 2" 16 and
explored the idea of mixing an a 24 track machine with the hope of working
in a better mix room with automation.  In the end I decided the sound
quality suffered too much and made the best of the 16 track room.

David Ackerman
Audio Preservation Engineer
Archive World Music
Harvard University