[AV Media Matters] Super-8 and 8mm do it yourself resources

Folks on the list....

I'm looking for an Elmo or any other piece of equipment to transfer
Super8 and Regular8 films to a video output (for hookup with a BetaSP
deck).  I'd like to purchase or rent the machine- but mostly I want to
do the transfers myself.  Ideally the machine would be in the San
Francisco Bay Area.

p.s.
People in their garages are legitimate resources... anyone you can think
of will do.

Thanks,
Eleanor Harwood
Preservation Manager