Re: [AV Media Matters] CD Compatibility?

Carol

Disc machines must be manufactured within specified tolerances if
the discs are to be interchanged between machines made by various
manufacturers. Likewise, the discs must also be manufactured within
specified parameters.

I became the Ampex expert on tape interchange starting around 1965.
I was responsible for assuring that tapes could be interchanged with
no problems.

I am giving you a very brief answer so please ask any questions.  I
could talk for hours on this topic.

Jim Wheeler