[AV Media Matters] Estimated costs of backing up tapes

Does anyone know of any "white papers" or similar information about the
estimated costs of making copies of data tapes?

The tapes in question are computer back-up tapes.
We are trying to decide if it is cheaper to just create a back-up tape of
vital records once a week and drive them to our warehouse or to create a
mirror site through the WAN.  The quantities are rather large and the WAN is
already almost set up.

I would appreciate your comments. Thank You.

Carol

Carol E.B. Choksy, Ph.D., CRM
Doculabs
1201 West Harrison, Chicago IL 60607