Re: [AV Media Matters] The esoteric edge

I believe there's a third solution:
2.  Service Solution:  Using a service which hosts the data and ensures for
proper migration of that data and its corresponding metadata.  Data could
still
be provided to the users via internet or other communications channel.    The
service provider would be responsible for ensuring that data was migrated and
the Service Level Agreement (transfer rates, up-time, etc.) were acceptible to
the customer and exceeded industry standards, or would risk losing the
business
to another service provider.
Clearly there would be issues involving security, access, availability, etc.,
but these issues could certainly be addressed from technical and business
perspectives.  I would guess that there might also be a 'paranoia' factor
(justified or not).
Any comments from those of you who might have looked at this model?
Erin

ggib@loc.gov on 04/27/99 01:12:34 PM

Please respond to AV-Media-Matters@topica.com