Re: [ARSCLIST] Decca/London phase 4 stereo series

From: Roger Kulp <thorenstd124@xxxxxxxxx>
> I have read that Decca had a special pressing plant,in England,
> just for US London label records.

If you have, you are probably the only one.  Everyone else I've talked
to about this have first-hand accounts (with names attached, such as in
the posting below) saying that Decca and London were pressed in the same
plant on the same presses by the same operators using the same stampers
and press settings, with the only difference being that they put
different labels on the spindles for feeding the machines.

> I don't think they pressed them for that many other countries.
> I have some 60s Decca releases from Australia/NZ,and these were
> pressed by EMI.The ones I have from Canada were pressed there. Roger

There were some U.S. pressings made for the record clubs, especially
RCA's.